HELLO!…..MY FULL NAME IS MARCHIA K. OlIVER…..I founded Integrations in 1995 with the intention of helping people discover, nurture, and sustain increased states of health, energy and beauty.
I AM A WELL-QUALIFIED GUIDE.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Connecticut
- Nationally Certified Massage Therapist and Bodywork Practitioner
- Graduate of Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy’s Zen Shiatsu Program – based on the teachings of Shizuto Masunaga of Japan.
- Nationally Certified Shiatsu Practitioner with AOBTA (American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia) – awarded upon completing the 500 hour Zen Shiatsu Program
- Meridian Theory – I gained broader understanding of Oriental Medicine during two years as an assistant to a well-respected acupuncturist/instructor. Attended seminars with Pauline Sasaki and Jeffery Yuen.
- Esalen Massage Training And Reiki Level II
ALMOST 10 YEARS AFTER MY INITIAL TRAINING IN BODYWORK, I EXPERIENCED SOME SIGNIFICANT TURNING POINTS THROUGH TWO DIFFERENT MODALITIES.
- Dr. Linda Burnham’s System for Facial Rejuvenation – 500 hours
In 2001, I began the study of this modality and my life began to open up. Dr. Burnham’s work led me to Kauai, Hawaii for a month of intensive study. Hands-on work continued during a 10-day graduation session in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Upledger’s Craniosacral Therapies (CST1 & CST2) and Somato Emotional Release
Dr. Upledger’s SomatoEmotional Release was a trip of another kind, AND an amazing one, as well. Through these works I found myself releasing, embedded patterns and embarking on a transformational journey that turned out to be both professional and personal . . . and the journey continues.